Wondering how you’ll feel after dental implant surgery?
Most people don’t experience a lot of pain or discomfort afterwards, but it’s important to take it easy for the first few days. Here’s what to do to make sure you stay comfortable & enjoy a speedy recovery.
- A little bit of bleeding and swelling is totally normal after dental implant surgery for the first few days. Use a cold compress on your jawbone to help eliminate some of the pain and swelling.
- Give yourself a day or two of total rest. Let your body recover.
- Eat only soft foods that you don’t need to chew. Think: soup, yoghurt, milkshakes, porridge, jelly, ice cream.
- Remember to take all your medications and most importantly, finish the course of antibiotics your dentist has given you.
- Go easy with your dental care and don’t brush or floss right away. Simply use a mouthwash to maintain your oral hygiene for the first few days. Also, rinse your mouth throughout the day with water.
- If you notice anything unusual, have any questions, or experience any bleeding or swelling, call the clinic immediately.
* Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.